Featured Post

Characters from Night Walker visiting BookRelations' event on Facebook

EVERYONE IS MISSING OUT ON THE SHENANIGANS OVER AT OUR READ ALONG EVENT FOR NIGHT WALKER by Aaron L. Speer, I'VE JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL ...

Follow

Saturday, May 21, 2016

REVIEW: CROW (BOSTON UNDERWORLD BOOK 1) BY A. ZAVARELLI

CROW on Amazon (99 cents)

CROW (Boston Underworld Book 1) Kindle Edition by A. Zavarelli

He’s a killer. A mobster. 

The last man on earth I’d ever want to be with. I won’t lose my head just because he’s hot, Irish, and has a wicked accent to boot. 

He’s one of the only leads in my best friend’s disappearance, and I don’t trust him. 

So I’ve got a few rules in mind when it comes to dealing with Lachlan Crow. 

1. Keep a clear head and don’t get distracted. 
2. Do what’s necessary and never forget why you’re there. 
3. Never, and I mean never, fall for him. 

Fourth and final rule? 

Throw out the book altogether. Because the rules don’t apply when it comes to the Irish mafia. 

It was only supposed to be temporary, but now Lachlan thinks he owns me. He says he’s not letting me go. 

And I believe him. 

*** 
Lachlan. 

I don’t know who she is. I don’t know why she’s here. 

But if it’s my attention she wants, she has it. 

The Russians want her dead, and now it’s up to me to look out for her. This girl is trouble. A distraction I can’t afford. 

So why have I already decided she’s mine? 

I’ve claimed her and there’s no going back now. 

This is a full-length standalone novel full of hot Irish bad boys with accents. Steamy and dark mafia themes throughout. HEA included.

RATING: 4.5 STARS

THERESA'S REVIEW: I have been in a bit of a reading slump lately- just could not find anything to grab my attention for longer than the first few pages or chapter.

That is... until Crow came along.
I'm so happy to have finally finished a book lol. Loved it! Well-written and just the right mixture of elements to keep me interested so that I could blaze through the story. I love sassy characters, and Mackenzie is a spitfire- loved her character. If the F-bomb is offensive, then I wouldn't suggest reading this book hahaha. Mack sets out to find out what happened to her best friend by going undercover as a dancer at the club, but finds herself drawn to someone she'd least expect- & the steam rises between Mack (Butterfly) and Lachlan. This is my first book by this author, but I'm on board and eager to read more. Next...

No comments:

Post a Comment