Featured Post

Characters from Night Walker visiting BookRelations' event on Facebook

EVERYONE IS MISSING OUT ON THE SHENANIGANS OVER AT OUR READ ALONG EVENT FOR NIGHT WALKER by Aaron L. Speer, I'VE JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL ...

Follow

Thursday, March 10, 2016

REVIEW: Bait & Switch (Alphas Undone #1) by Kendall Ryan

Bait & Switch (Alphas Undone #1)

              by 
One man. Two women. This is going to get messy. 
Love is a trap, a trick only other people fall for. Former Navy SEAL Nolan has no such illusions. The only things real in his life are his beloved bulldog and the two women who regularly share his bed. One is light soft, innocent, and tender touches. The other is dark and gives him all of the wicked things he craves behind closed doors. It's not cheating when each is aware of the other. But when he begins to feel much more than he ever bargained for, the order of his carefully crafted world is shaken, and he stands to lose everything. 
Nolan thinks we met by chance. We didn't. I sought him out, seduced him, and in return got the sanctuary I needed to survive. But now, impossibly, I've fallen in love with him. I don't care that he has another lover, because when he finds out who I am, it's going to ruin any chance I ever had with him anyway. She's the least of my worries. 
BAIT & SWITCH is the first book in a new contemporary romance series called Alphas Undone, which will each feature a new couple."

MY RATING: 3 STARS
MY REVIEW:
 
This is my first book by this author and I'll definitely try another by her. The book was well written and interesting enough to keep plugging away. However, this book had some elements to it that could have made this easily a five star book for me, but those parts fell short for my personal taste. I would have loved to have more suspense in this book because it was a great story. 

I did read the authors note at the end of the book that stated that she had intentionally wrote the book the way she did for specific reasons, so I can't be too critical about that. With that being said, I'd still recommend this book and certainly enjoyed it. I will try another book or two by this author before drawing any final conclusions. 


If you're looking for a good quick steamy read, or if you're not big on suspense, then I'd go for it. I cannot conclude that this is a mind-blowing read, but it is a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment