Featured Post

Characters from Night Walker visiting BookRelations' event on Facebook

EVERYONE IS MISSING OUT ON THE SHENANIGANS OVER AT OUR READ ALONG EVENT FOR NIGHT WALKER by Aaron L. Speer, I'VE JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL ...

Follow

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

REVIEW: The Girl with All the Gifts by M.R. Carey

THE GIRL WITH ALL THE GIFTS BY M.R. CAREY:

Melanie is a very special girl. Dr. Caldwell calls her "our little genius."

Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant Parks keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh.

Melanie loves school. She loves learning about spelling and sums and the world outside the classroom and the children's cells. She tells her favorite teacher all the things she'll do when she grows up. Melanie doesn't know why this makes Miss Justineau look sad.

RATING: 4.5 stars
REVIEW: I mean... I devoured this book in only two sittings. Loved every mysterious and suspenseful moment of it. Definitely looking forward to the release of book 2 this year. One thing I appreciated about this book was that there was hardly any romance. Don't get me wrong because I love having some romance in my books, but sometimes it's nice not to have it dominate a story. There is a love interest between the pages, but it doesn't consume the wonderful story inside.  
The narration reminds me of What Happened to my Sister by Elizabeth Flock. Completely different, but both are highly recommendable! I knew nothing about the book going in and it's probably best going in that way on this one. Great story- READ THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment